Residencies Artist Residency at the Hambidge Center
International Deadline: Recurring September 15, January 15, April 15 – The Hambidge Center for Creative Arts and Sciences provides a residency program that empowers talented artists to explore, develop, and express their creative voices.
Apply now for the upcoming season.
Situated on 600 acres in the mountains of north Georgia, Hambidge is a sanctuary of time and space that inspires artists working in a broad range of disciplines to create works of the highest caliber.
Artists and other creative thinkers from throughout the United States and around the world; residencies are awarded by juried panels for two to eight weeks. Below are the categories in which applicants are judged by our distinguished panelists.
- Visual Arts: Book Arts, Ceramics, Conceptual Art, Digital Imaging, Drawing, Environmental Art, Fiber Arts, Film & Video, Installation Arts, Metalworking, Mixed Media, Multimedia Art, Painting, Photography, Printmaking, Sculpture, Woodworking
- Design: Architecture, Landscape Architecture, Graphic Design, Industrial Design, Environmental Design.
- Writing: Fiction, Poetry, Journalism, Literary Nonfiction, Nonfiction, Cookbooks, Playwriting, Screenwriting, Storytelling.
- Music: Composition, Performance, Theory, Writing
- Dance: Choreography, Performance, Theory, Writing
Hambidge’s Residency Program opens mid-February and closes mid-to late-December through the month of January. Application deadlines are:
- Apply from December 1st through January 15th for the May through August residency period.
- Apply from March 1st through April 15th for the September through December residency period.
- Apply from August 1st through September 15th for the mid-February through April residency period.
FEES & SCHOLARSHIPS
Resident Fellows pay $250 per week (of the $1500 per week cost). Limited scholarships for first-time residents are available. See website for current listing.
Hambidge has 9 secluded cottage/studios which provide living and working space, feature great views, lots of privacy, kitchens and bathrooms.
Resident Fellows gather each evening Tuesday through Friday in Lucinda’s Rock House for delicious vegetarian fare prepared by our talented chef.
Hambidge is located on 600 pristine acres in the Blue Ridge Mountains featuring nature trails, meadows, waterfalls, a swimming hole, an abundance of wild flowers and crisp, clean mountain air.
APPLICATION – $30 Application Fee
Visit Hambidge for more details and online Application. No references required.
105 Hambidge Court
Rabun Gap GA 30568
The Center is funded in part by the Fulton County Commission under the guidance of the Fulton County Arts & Culture, the Georgia Council for the Arts through the appropriations of the Georgia General Assembly, and the National Endowment for the Arts.