NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: August 24, 2020 – Maryland Federation of Art’s (MFA) ‘Corporate Connections’ program launches an opportunity for artists to connect with professional developers, designers and more at this gala one-day event at the Peterson Headquarters building at National Harbor in Maryland. In addition to the physical exhibition, all images of selected works will be featured in a promotional catalog and displayed on MFA’s online Curve Gallery from Oct 15-Dec 1, 2020.
Entry is open to established and new member artists of MFA (Maryland Federation of Art). Entries of original 2-D or 3-D work may be submitted for consideration by the juror. Works previously exhibited in a juried show at Circle Gallery are not eligible. Works may not exceed 72 inches in width, height or depth, including the frame, unless otherwise specified for a particular exhibit.
JUROR – Robert W. Madden, National Geographic Magazine
As a staff photographer for National Geographic Magazine for over 15 years, Bob Madden produced the photographs for more than twenty stories and for several National Geographic books. Travels across all seven continents exposed him to an extraordinary diversity of cultures and customs, from the Yanomamo Native Americans in the jungles of Venezuela, to street life in Brooklyn, New York, to the ecology of the U.S. Chesapeake Bay, the area Bob calls home… more
SELECTION & AWARDS *
Juror will select 1 artwork by 50 artists from images to display online and in a promotional catalog. Up to 20 of the 50 artists will be awarded purchase prizes selected by a panel of corporate designers who will present these works at the Corporate Connections event. The 20 artists are invited to attend the opening event to discuss their work with potential clients. Selected artists attending the event may bring 3 additional pieces to sell.
Entry fees are $95 for one or two entries and an MFA Membership (MFA Members, $25); and $5 each for additional entries. Entry fees are non-refundable.
- July 15 Online entry open for submissions
- Aug. 24 Deadline for entries
- By Sep. 8 All artists notified by email. Check mdfedart.com or contact MFA if you do not receive notice. Instructions for shipped and hand-delivered work will arrive with notification
- Oct. 29 Corporate Connection reception held at National Harbor Management Office, 6:30pm
- Nov. 3 Shipped work will be sent
* * Should Circle Gallery or any other exhibitions space be closed for reasons beyond our control, MFA reserves the right to move a planned physical exhibit to our online gallery. Please mark your calendar for notification. This may include specific information that varies from the prospectus.
The MFA incorporated as a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization in 1968 and, through the hard work of a growing and enthusiastic membership, opened the Circle Gallery located at 18 State Circle, just steps away from the State House in Annapolis. The gallery is located in a restored loft space in the heart of the Annapolis Historic District and has been operating continuously since opening its doors. The MFA has also reached out beyond its doors through its Alternate Space efforts, often bringing art to unexpected places.
Maryland Federation of Art
18 State Circle
Annapolis, MD 21401
t: 410 268 4566