Compete The Four Elements: Earth, Wind, Fire, Water
U.S. National Deadline: September 30, 2022 – The MVA Gallery (Modern Visual Arts) invites artists and photographers of all levels (emerging to established) to submit original 2D artwork to this exhibition.
From ancient cultures to modern societies, the Four Elements — Earth, Wind. Fire, Water — have provided various explanations about aspects of the material world, the forces of energy, and the attributes of human nature. The Four Elements had a profound influence on science, philosophy, religion, and medicine.
This theme creates opportunities for artists and photographers to explore a vast universe of imagery on a practical, symbolic, spiritual, psychological, or aesthetic level. Your art — whether lyrical or bold, colorful or muted, representational or abstract — can reveal the compelling concepts of the Four Elements.
Exhibition Dates : November 4 through November 29, 2022.
Any style and subject matter is welcome. You have limitless freedom! Surprise and enchant us by submitting your personal interpretations and visions. The MVA Gallery accepts painting, watercolor, printmaking, mixed media, digital, pastel, encaustic, fiber, drawing, and photography.
Entry fee is $35.00 for 3 images. You may include additional files for $5.00 each up to a total of 9 maximum.
These “Art of Distinction” Awards will be granted at most exhibitions.
- First Prize: $450
- Second Prize: $250
- Third Prize: $100
- Annual Grand Prize: One New York City Exhibition Opportunity. One artist or photographer will be selected from all the individuals who were accepted and displayed in an MVA Gallery exhibit during the past calendar year. This artist will be offered an exhibition opportunity in New York City and will be notified in December.
Notification to Artists: No later than October 6, 2022. All accepted artwork must arrive at the Gallery no later than October 31, 2022.
Artists can determine whether they wish to sell their artwork. For sales, the artist must list a specific price and not indicate “Upon Request.”
70% of the final sale price to the Artist.
30% of the final sale price to the Gallery.
Artwork must remain in the Gallery for the full duration of the exhibition or event.
- Entry Deadline: September 30, 2022. (Midnight Denver, Colorado, time where CAFE is located.)
- Notification to Artists: No later than October 6, 2022 (Midnight). Notification by email. Artists will receive separate email messages for “Invited” and “Not Invited” artwork entries.
- Shipping Deadline: All accepted artwork must arrive at the Gallery no later than October 31, 2022. No hand-delivered work will be processed for this exhibit.
- Exhibition Dates : November 4 through November 29, 2022.
- Artwork Returned: The Gallery will start to return unsold art to the participating artists December 5 – 8, 2022. We will use the prepaid shipping label that is provided by artists and enclosed with their art.
The MVA Gallery (Modern Visual Arts) is located in historic Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Bethlehem, along with its neighboring cities Allentown and Easton, comprise the third largest metropolitan area in Pennsylvania (after Philadelphia and Pittsburgh). Bethlehem has a vibrant arts and cultural life — numerous active art galleries and nationally acclaimed festivals that attract tens of thousands of visitors each year. Located one hour from New York City, Bethlehem has become an art destination for informed collectors and prominent art professionals.
35 E. Elizabeth Avenue
Bethlehem, PA 18018