Compete Street + Still Life + Fashion
International Deadline: December 8, 2023 – Black Box Gallery is excited to announce a group photography show on Street + Still Life + Fashion. This show will be dynamic and have a balance of work from these different subjects. The show will explore the creativity and passion to make great photography within these different subjects. The show will look to push the boundaries of traditional exhibitions and celebrate the visions and styles of these important photographic concepts. The gallery encourages photographers to explore techniques and aesthetics and ideas that represent the creativity and possibility of contemporary photography.
On display January 1-20, 2024.
The exhibition is open to all photographers world wide, both amateur and professional.
Todd Johnson is the founder and director of Black Box Gallery. Todd received his MFA in Photography from the San Francisco Art Institute. He has been a photography portfolio reviewer for Photolucida (PDX OR), Critical Mass (PDX OR), Dodho Magazine (Barcelona, Spain) and Blue Sky Gallery (PDX OR). Todd has worked as an independent curator for exhibitions at Linfield College (McMinnville, OR), Gallery Homeland (PDX OR), Mile Post 5 (PDX OR), The Waiting Room Gallery (Minneapolis, MN), 4X Gallery (PDX OR) and The Gorilla Art Gallery (San Francisco, CA). He has worked in arts education and arts administration for 25 years.
- Each exhibition will have 24 photographs selected by the juror for exhibition at the gallery.
- An additional 30 photographs will be selected by the juror for exhibition in our on-line gallery annex.
- All 54 photographs from the show will be included in a catalog available for purchase on Blurb Books.
- Black Box will provide Free printing, Free matting and Free framing for all of our exhibitions.
- All exhibition prints will be kept in a flat file after the show for future sale and promotion for the photographer. This will allow the gallery to further promote our photographers and exhibitions to collectors, curators, critics and to the general public.
$40 per entry (an entry includes up to 5 photos).
All photographers will be notified 10-12 days after the deadline about juror selections.
Black Box Gallery takes a 50% commission on all sales, 50% goes to the photographer. If artist prefers the print does not have to be for sale. Print will be for exhibition and promotion only.
Black Box Gallery is dedicated to the exhibition of contemporary photography. Black Box’s juried international photo shows provide important opportunities for emerging and mid-career photographers. Black Box supports and encourages the creative production, exhibition and critical appreciation of contemporary photography.
Black Box Gallery
811 East Burnside St. #212
Portland, Oregon 97214