Ezine/Print Self Fulfilling Prophecy
International Deadline: May 20, 2021 – In many occasions artists have prophesied the path of their career, the course of their life and many other things surrounding them including life and death and a very specific one is Jean Michel Basquiat, the artist that we have chosen for the cover of the second edition of our magazine.
From the kid living in a cardboard box on the streets of New York at seventeen to a superstar millionaire artist at 21 to he’s tragic death at the age of 28 to a legend that inspires millions of artists, Jean Michel Basquiat has captured the imagination of the world.
The purpose of this publication is to see how contemporary artists present themselves and their works to the viewers and to connect them and their works with a wider audience.
There are no subject or medium restrictions, everyone is welcomed to apply.
Open to artists worldwide. Eligible media includes, but not limited: painting | sculpture | photography | digital art | Installation | video | prints | textile | ceramics.
Where will be published?
- Google books | Apple Itunes Books | Issuu | Yumpu | Our Website.
- The printed version. We will also have a printed version available in our gallery. The printed version will be on display for 3 months in our gallery in Central London. It will also be available to order via our website.
To apply for “Self Fulfilling Prophecy” simply email us one image with you and your artworks or with you in your studio, 3 images of your work (jpg format), a short bio no more than 150 words and your Instagram username.
To make a submission is absolutely free but we do charge a £79 fee for each accepted submission.
- the open call will run until May 20.
- the publication on all the mentioned platforms will be made on May 29.
- On May 30 all the participants will get an email with all the links where the magazine will be published.
- the printed version will be available in our gallery in Central London and to order via our website starting with June 03.
Boomer is a London based art gallery created by a group of British artists and art enthusiasts who aim to transcend the gap between culture and countries, highlight the best hidden gems out there and push the boundaries forward”.
Our gallery space is situated right in the heart of artistic London | Aldgate. A cosmopolitan place where great artists like Francis Bacon and Freddy Mercury use to work and hang out, here the art vibe is on every corner, on every building, on every face, on every smile.
3-15 Whitechapel Rd
London E1 1DU, Unit 308