Compete The Boomer Art Prize : 2nd Edition
International Deadline: March 2, 2024 – After the resounding success of its inaugural edition, Boomer Gallery proudly invites creators from every visual arts discipline to participate in the second “Boomer Art Prize.” We are eagerly looking forward to discovering perspectives and innovative visions that artists from all over the world bring to this grand stage.
Boomer Gallery continues its commitment to recognizing, promoting, and supporting excellence in the expansive domain of art, inviting both local and international artists to showcase their craft.
Participation in the Boomer Art Prize offers artists more than just the potential of winning substantial cash prizes and exhibition opportunities. It provides invaluable exposure, with all entries being viewed by a jury of highly respected figures in the art world.
This exhibition is designed not merely to showcase art but to stimulate conversation between divergent paths within contemporary art. The aim is to prove that success in the art world is not a monolithic concept but a spectrum of possibilities, each as valid and valuable as the next.
Our gallery is located in the vibrant heart of the iconic Tower Bridge area in London. An elegant blend of historical richness and modern energy, our space serves as an extraordinary platform for artists and audiences alike.
The 50 preselected artists will be listed on our website on March 10th, 2024. The group show is scheduled for April 2024.
Artists of any country, age, and background can apply. There are no thematic limitations. Eligible media, but not limited to: paintings, sculptures, photography, installations, prints, textiles, illustrations, digital art, poems, video art, AI-assisted art, etc.
A jury of experts composed of some of the top minds in contemporary art will debate, review, and score each application:
* Anthony Fawcett: Esteemed art critic and historian known for his extensive collaborations with globally-renowned artists. His illustrious career boasts of interactions with icons such as Jean Michel Basquiat, John Lennon, Yoko Ono, and Andy Warhol, and his guidance in the “Anthony Fawcett Archive” project with the Tate Gallery.
* Tabish Khan: An art critic specialising in London’s art scene, Tabish is the visual arts editor for Londonist. He regularly contributes to Culture Whisper and writes for FAD’s “What’s Wrong With Art?” series. Furthermore, his dedication to supporting artists is displayed in his trustee roles at ArtCan and City & Guilds London Art School.
* Jo McLaughlin, a London-based curator, art historian, and podcaster, currently serves as Senior Curator at Acrylicize, a global art and design studio. Her career, which began in regional auction houses, includes work at Pangolin London, curating shows like Breon O’Casey: The World Beyond. Jo, a University of Glasgow and Kingston University alumna, aims to democratize art through accessible, beautiful collections. She also hosts and produces the top-rated Jo’s Art History Podcast.
* Constantin Cosmin: An internationally acclaimed visual artist and co-founder of Boomer Gallery. As an editor at Boomer Magazine and a featured artist on Artsy, Constantin offers a unique perspective to the panel, drawing from his extensive firsthand experience in the art world.
AWARDS & PRIZES
Successful applicants will receive £10,000 in cash awards + exhibition opportunities in our iconic gallery space from Tower Bridge, London.
- 1st place – £5,000 + inclusion in three of our group shows. Additionally, the winner will be invited to London to be interviewed by the legendary Anthony Fawcett, former curator to John Lennon and Yoko Ono. This exclusive interview will be featured in the esteemed “Anthony Fawcett Archive,” joining the ranks of iconic artists like Francis Bacon, David Hockney, Jean Michel Basquiat, Andy Warhol, and many more from his 50-year illustrious career. The interview will be filmed in our London gallery space by an award-winning documentary filmmaker. Furthermore, all travel costs and accommodation expenses will be covered by us.
- 2nd place – £3,000 + inclusion in two of our group shows.
- 3rd place – £2,000 + inclusion in one of our group shows.
- Numbers 4th to 20th will also be included in one of the group shows.
Every Artist is Valued: We deeply appreciate the effort and passion behind every submission. In recognition of this, each and every participant, regardless of the outcome, will be awarded a certificate of participation in “The Boomer Art Prize.” It’s our way of saying thank you for sharing your artistry with us.
For a nominal fee of only £35, you can submit three of your works to the Boomer Art Prize.
Visit us online for complete details.
- The open call ends March the 2nd, 2024.
- The 50 preselected artists will be listed on our website on March 10th, 2024.
- On March 14th, 2024, the jury will reconvene and select the 20 winners of the competition.
- The final results will be available on our website on March 18th, 2024.
For questions or inquiries visit us online or please contact us at email@example.com
Boomer is a London based art gallery created by a group of British artists and art enthusiasts who aim to transcend the gap between culture and countries, highlight the best hidden gems out there and push the boundaries forward”.
Our gallery space is situated right in the heart of artistic London | Aldgate. A cosmopolitan place where great artists like Francis Bacon and Freddy Mercury use to work and hang out, here the art vibe is on every corner, on every building, on every face, on every smile.
150 Tooley Street
London SE1 2TU