Competitions Derwent Art Prize 2020
International Deadline: February 17, 2020 – The Derwent Art Prize was conceived in 2012 and aims to reward excellence by showcasing the very best artworks created in pencil by British and International artists.
From the submitted artworks, approximately eighty will be selected for display at Gallery@OXO in central London and then in a gallery in 20 rue Saint Claude in Paris, France. Alongside the chosen artworks being hung in a public display, prizes totalling over £12,500 will be awarded in an awards ceremony on the opening night of the exhibition.
Since the Derwent Art Prize began, the competition has attracted more than 7000 entries from over 67 countries worldwide.
Derwent are excited to see both domestic and international entries for this Derwent Art Prize.
All artists entering the Derwent Art Prize 2020 will be eligible to a 15% discount on all Derwent products (shipping not included). This code will be sent to all applicants once the competition deadline has closed on 17 February 2020 and will be valid from 18 February to 31 March 2020.
This year’s entries will be judged by a distinguished panel of selectors including a gallery curator, a leading artist and an art critic.
Selected works will be on display at the Gallery@OXO in central London between 22 April to 4 May. Following the London exhibition, the show will for the first time be on show in France from 12 – 17 May at 20 rue Saint Claude in Paris.
A total prize fund of £12,500 will be awarded at the Private View at Mall Galleries, London in 2018. Prizes are as follows:
- First Prize £4,000 plus a year’s supply of Derwent products**
- Second Prize £2,000
- Young Artist First Prize (For artists under 25 years) £4,000 *
- Young Artist Second Prize (For artists under 25 years) £2,000
- People’s Choice Award £500
In addition, we are delighted to announce that all the First and Second prize winners will receive a special box of Derwent Lightfast Pencils. The revolutionary core is resistant to prolonged colour change ensuring artwork will not fade for up to 100 years under museum conditions.
The entry fee is £15 for the first work and £5 for additional works. Artists may only enter once, with a maximum of 6 images. Price and currency will vary depending on country. Artists under 25 years of age will pay £5 per work.
Artists are invited to submit up to 6 images. The selectors are aware that some work may not lend itself to reproduction and wish to reassure artists that there may be opportunities to view actual works.
Artists can enter online. If artists are unable to enter online please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.
Artists are required to submit the following:
- The completed online entry form
- Images of up to 6 recent works, in digital format (jpg, max. 2MB file size)
- A non-refundable application fee
Following the selection process, all artists will be notified by 2 March 2020. Artists who have not heard by this date should contact Parker Harris, organisers of The Derwent Art Prize at email@example.com, call + 44 (0) 20 3653 0896 or check the website for further details.
From the open submission applications the panel will select approximately 80 works for exhibition. The artists selected for the final exhibition will be contacted by Parker Harris with full delivery details for their work.
- Monday 17 February 2020 (5pm GMT) Deadline for entry
- Monday 2 March 2020 Artists notified of selectors’ decision
- 6 – 17 April 2020 Delivery of work (to Art Moves of Chelsea)
- Friday 17 April 2020 Delivery of work (in person to Art Moves of Chelsea, 10am-5pm GMT)
- 22 April – 4 May 2020 Exhibition opens to public at the Gallery@OXO in London
- 12 – 17 May 2020 Exhibition open in 20 rue Saint Claude in Paris, France