RFP/Q's Tidemarker Art Installation
International Deadline: February 15, 2023 – The Elizabeth River Project seeks an artist to create a site-specific public art project for the environmental non-profit Elizabeth River Project at the site of their new Ryan Resilience Lab in Norfolk, Virginia, to be installed September 2023.
The project is open to all experienced professional artists. Artists who are new to the field of public art are encouraged to apply. Artists who have experience interacting with community are also encouraged to apply. The selected artist must provide proof of general liability insurance coverage.
The following criteria will be used in the proposal evaluation process:
- Artistic merit (excellence, originality, creativity) as evidenced by submitted materials
- Professional artistic experience to fulfill the requirements of this project either in studio, educational, community, employment and/or art projects and the ability to undertake the design, creation, and installation of the artwork
- Appropriateness of materials, style, and concepts in relation to this prospectus
BUDGET: $50,000 total budget. Plus, 3-5 finalists invited to be given stipend of $500 to compensate for time required to submit final proposals (e.g. site-specific drawings, CAD).
- Feb 15, 2023 – Initial proposals must be received by 5pm EST. Proposals received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- Feb 17 – Tidemarker Art Selection Panel will meet to review proposals and select 3-5 finalists.
- March 15 – Final proposals from finalists must be received by 5pm EST. Proposals received after the deadline will not be accepted.
- March 17 – Tidemarker Art Selection Panel will meet to review proposals and select Tidemarker artist
- Sept 2023 – Installation at Ryan Resilience Lab
The Elizabeth River Project is a growing non-profit organization leading the effort to restore the health of our historic urban river, while affirming her value to our region’s maritime economy.
Elizabeth River Project
5205 Colley Avenue