Grants Foundwork Artist Prize : $10,000 Juried Grant with Studio Visits & Interview
International Deadline: October 15, 2020 – The Foundwork Artist Prize is an annual juried award inaugurated in 2019 to recognize outstanding practice by contemporary artists. The honoree receives an unrestricted $10,000 grant and studio visits with the jurors who include progressive curators, gallerists, and artists. The honoree and three short-listed artists are also featured in interviews as part of our Dialogues program.
To be considered, artists will need to create a profile on Foundwork, with at least 5 published artworks, by 5:00 PM ET, October 15, 2020.
JURY (see complete bios here)
The jury for the 2020 Foundwork Artist Prize includes progressive international curators, gallerists, and artists:
- Natasha Ginwala, Assoc. Curator, Gropius Bau, Berlin, Co-Director, 13th Gwangju Biennale, Gwangju
- Anat Ebgi, Owner and Director, Anat Ebgi Gallery, Los Angeles
- Kalup Linzy, Performance, video artist, 2020 Tulsa Artist Fellow, former Guggenheim Fellow, New York
- Rachel Adams, Chief Curator and Director of Programs, Bemis Center for Contemporary Arts, Omaha
- Michael Ruiz, Founder and Managing Director, Future Gallery, Berlin and Mexico City
- Humberto Moro, Deputy Director and Senior Curator, Museo Tamayo, Mexico City, Curator, EXPO Chicago, Chicago, Adjunct Curator, SCAD Museum of Art, Savannah
Foundwork has a $4/month subscription for artists, and is free for artists who are *students at accredited graduate or undergraduate studio art programs.
Please see the FAQ and Official Rules posted on Foundwork for terms and instructions on eligibility and how to participate. Selection will take place 5:00 pm ET October 15 — 5:00 pm ET November 30, 2020.
The Prize is sponsored by Foundwork, Inc. and you can send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.