Competitions 52nd International Open Juried Exhibition
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: July 3, 2020 – The Society of Canadian Artists announces a call for entry for our 52nd international open juried exhibition.
This exhibition will be held at the Papermill Art Gallery, Todmorden Mills, in Toronto, ON from August 10 to September 8, 2020*.
The exhibition is open to all artists, whether or not SCA members, creating original artwork in all traditional media including painting, drawing, printmaking, sculpture and photography. Art must be entirely the work of the entrant, executed without the supervision of an instructor, and within 3 years of the entry deadline. Work must not have been previously exhibited in an SCA exhibition.
Entries must not be copies, derivatives, or based in any any way on other artists’ paintings, photographs, copryrighted or not, or other artistic work.
All works must be suitably framed or prepared with instructions for the installation of three-dimensional work.
- Virginia Eichhorn, Executive Director at Quest Art School & Gallery, Midland, ON
- John Clark, MA, University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee, USA
- Sheila Davis, SCA, OSA, SCA Juror, Beaverton, ON
- Mary Pratt Crystal Award: $1,000 and Crystal Bowl
- Duggan Canadian Landscape Award: $1000
- First Award of Excellence: $1,000
- Second Award of Excellence: $500
- 2 Awards of Merit: $250 each
$40 for members, $50 for non-members.
All artwork must be for sale, priced in Canadian funds with the intent to sell. The SCA charges 30% commission on all sales. All prices must include this and GST if charged by the artist and not artificially inflated.
- Exhibition Dates: August 10 to September 8, 2020*
- Submission Deadline: July 3, 2020
- Results Notification by Email: July 17, 2020
- Shipped Work Delivery Date: To arrive at Gallery Express no later than August 7, 2020 *
- Hand Delivery Dates: August 10, 2020* 9:30 pm to 4:00 pm
- Official Opening & Reception: TBA
- Exhibition Closes: September 8, 2020
- Artwork Pickup* & Return Shipping Begins: September 8, 2020 9:30 am to Noon
* Note: We continue to live in undertain times and currently there is no guarantee that the Papermill Gallery will be open on these dates. We remain confident, but may have to modify this show to a virtual exhibition on our website. Prizes will be awarded as committed and the show will be on our site for 3 months. However in this situation, works would only be available for sale through the artist.
The Society of Canadian Artists (SCA) is a national, non-profit artists’ organization dedicated to expanding the visibility and stature of the visual arts. SCA has representation in all of the visual arts media. We respect our historical roots, are aware of our current world, and are future-minded.
The Society of Canadian Artists
c/o 24 Lorindale Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M2M 3C2