Competitions Valdosta National 2019
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. National Deadline: November 5, 2018 – The Valdosta National presents the best in contemporary art in an annual national all-media competition. Hosted by the Valdosta State University Dedo Maranville Fine Arts Gallery in Valdosta, Georgia, 2019 will be the 31st year of the annual juried exhibition.
ELIGIBILITY & GUIDELINES
Open to all artists over 18 living in the United States. All artwork must have been completed in the last 5 years (no earlier than 2013,) original (no Giclees or reproductions,) and not previously shown in the VSU Fine Arts Gallery. Valdosta State University faculty and staff are ineligible to apply to the Valdosta National 2018.
Images submitted must accurately represent actual artwork or the artwork will not be exhibited. Art will be insured while in the gallery (deductible may apply, and art is not insured during transit.) Artwork may be for sale with no gallery sales commission. Artists are responsible for shipping costs to and from the exhibition.
JUDGE & JUROR
Michael McFalls is a Professor of Art at Columbus State University and a practicing artist. He recently completed a six-month Fulbright Fellowship in Sweden at the University of Gothenburg, HDK Steneby and has received numerous scholarships and awards, including; the Pitzerker Foundation Endowed Fellowship, the College of the Arts Teaching Award, College of the Arts Faculty Research Award, as well as being nominated for the University Regents’ Excellence in Teaching Award. McFalls has had numerous exhibitions at national and international venues… see more
At least $1,500.00 will be awarded.
The fee to enter is $35.00 for one, two or three artworks.
All work must be professionally presented; 2-D work should be framed with plexi-glass, and with a hanging wire. No sawtooth hangers or glass allowed. Paintings may be gallery wrapped (with 1.5 inch edges) without additional framing. Artwork that is complicated or difficult to install (such as an installation) must be installed by artist. There is not a size limitation.
Artwork may be for sale with no gallery sales commission.
- Deadline for entry: November 5, 2018, 11:59 PM Mountain Time Zone
- Notifications e-mailed: By December 14, 2018
- Deadline for receipt of accepted work (hand-delivered or shipped): Friday, January 11, 3PM. Note: work may be shipped and received by VSU Department of Art & Design any time before this deadline. If you need to hand deliver work on a different day before January 11, please call the Art & Design Office at (229) 333-5835 to make arrangements, and to ensure that someone will be in the office to receive your work.
- Opening Reception: Tuesday, January 22, 6PM-7:30PM
- Exhibition closes: Friday, February 8, 3PM
- Pick up of hand-delivered work: Monday, February 11, 8:30AM-5:30PM. Please call VSU Art &
- Design Office at (229) 333.5835 to make other arrangements if you cannot pick up on this date.
- Return of shipped work: Sent by February 15, 2019
Visit us online for information about VSU Fine Arts Gallery.
Contact Gallery Director Professor Julie Bowland: email@example.com. (229) 333-5835.
The VSU Fine Arts Gallery is committed to providing a teaching and learning environment serving a diverse student body and local audience. The Gallery fills a unique niche in the region as a venue for exhibitions showcasing student artwork as well as art from outside the region. Diverse exhibitions serve both the state and regional community by providing cultural enrichment and expanded educational opportunities to everyone.
As a comprehensive institution of the University System of Georgia, with approximately 11,500 students, Valdosta State University (VSU) is a welcoming, aware, and vibrant community founded on and dedicated to serving our communities’ rich and diverse heritages. Through excellence in teaching, basic and applied research, and service, VSU provides rigorous programs and opportunities that enrich our students, our university, and our region.
Valdosta State University
Dedo Maranville Fine Arts Gallery
Department of Art
1500 N. Patterson Street
Valdosta, GA 31698