Public Art RFP Call For Original Art for VCU CMH Hospital
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. Multi-State Deadline: July 1, 2017 – VCU Health Community Memorial Hospital is seeking artists to submit digital images of original artwork available for purchase for the new facility being built in South Hill. This opportunity is open to artists living in Virginia and North Carolina.
The call is open to all artists 18 and older living in Virginia and North Carolina. The art selection panel will consider diversity as one factor in the selection process.
TYPES OF ARTWORK
- Drawings, paintings, collage, prints, digital art and wall mounted sculpture
- All work should be “hospital friendly,”
- Nature, natural elements and health are the underlying themes of the building.
- Cultural diversity in subject and content.
- Contemporary art that stands on its own, and with a theme that unifies.
- Proposals for commissions will be accepted
ORIENTATION & SIZES
One location can accommodate a 144 inch width by 216 inch height piece of art.
Generally the following sizes are desired:
Vertical Large (Maximum 48 inches)
Horizontal Large (Maximum 72 inches)
VCU Health Community Memorial Hospital is located at 1744 North Mecklenburg Avenue, South Hill VA 23950. It has an estimated total square footage of 166,074 SF.
HOW TO APPLY BY MAIL OR EMAIL
Artists interested in this project must prepare and submit the following:
- Digital images of original artwork for sale.
- Artist’s Statement, no more than 200 words in length, describing your work.
- Current Resume
- Available Work on CD, DVD or Email digital files.
- Digital images must be saved on one CD. VCU Department of Cultural Programs will only accept JPEG file formats. All JPEGs must be sized at 250 dpi, 5”x7”. Please include the frame in the photograph if the work is framed. You must number and title each JPEG and include a description sheet with corresponding numbers. The sheet should list your name and the titles, dates, media, dimensions (including framing if work is framed) and price of your work.
- Optional: Each artist may include up to three selections of support materials such as reviews, news articles, web links and other related information.
Submit all materials by Email or in a 10”x13” envelope. Do not use staples, paperclips, folders, or report covers on any materials.
Materials must be received by the VCU Health Department of Cultural Programs by 5 pm on July 1, 2017. Postmarks are not acceptable. Emailed digital files will be accepted and are preferred. Hand deliveries will be accepted.
PLEASE EMAIL, DELIVER or MAIL MATERIALS TO:
Email entries to: email@example.com
Department of Arts In Healthcare
Clinical Support Center
403 N. 13th Street, Room 307-A
Richmond, VA 23298
Community Memorial Hospital Art
P O Box 980510
Attn: P. Muzi Branch
Submissions for the project will not be returned.
FINAL ART SELECTION
The Committee will review the submittals and select original artwork.
Artists whose work is selected for purchase for the project will be notified by September, 2017. Art will be installed at the end of year 2017.
CRITERIA FOR SELECTION
The VCU Health is committed to reflecting the diversity and cultural richness of Virginia in our selection Process
Only artists whose work is selected for purchase will be contacted.
The VCU Health Department of Cultural Programs is under no obligation to purchase artwork based on the images submitted. Beyond formal notifications, the VCU Health Department of Cultural Programs will not enter into any correspondence regarding purchase decisions.
If you have any questions or need any additional information, please call P. Muzi Branch at (804) 828-4706 or email him at: firstname.lastname@example.org