Competitions BBA Gallery Artist Prize 2021
International Deadline: January 21, March 15, 2021 – The BBA Artist Prize is an annual competition for up-and-coming artists of any age or educational background, working in any medium. A panel of industry professionals judge the entries, looking for the artist who shows the most significant potential and professionalism, and who has convincingly executed a concept or work. The prize honours an artist as a whole package – not just a single artwork or series. The winning artist receives a solo exhibition at the BBA Gallery and much more.
BBA Artist Prize 2021 exhibition is a highlight during Berlin Gallery Weekend in April/May 2021.
International call, open to all media, all ages over 18, all genders and all educational backgrounds.
- Rachel Walker, Artsy – Manager Global Partnership, Art Historian and Curator
- Vishal Shah, Director BBA Gallery, Creative Director & Multidisciplinary Artist
- Renata Kudlacek, Director BBA Gallery, Curator, Artist & Art Lecturer
- Nele Ouwens, Director BBA Gallery, Curator, Artist & Art HistorianS &
SELECTION & BENEFITS
An international jury of high ranking industry professionals judge the entries, they look for the artist which shows the most significant potential and professionalism, and who has convincingly and skillfully executed a concept or work.
- Shortlisted artists: 10-15 shortlisted artists will be selected out of the longlist in early April 2021. The shortlisted artists get to exhibit at the Kühlhaus, one of Berlins most impressive industrial venues for cultural events, during Berlin Gallery Weekend end of April/beginning of May 2021 organised by BBA Gallery. In addition each shortlisted artist receives a promotion through the gallery’s Artsy profile, website, PR and social media channels
- Longlisted artists: 30 longlisted artists will be featured on the website and actively promoted on social media throughout spring 2021.
Exhibition at Kühlhaus Berlin: The Kühlhaus Berlin is one of the city’s most marvelous and characterful venues for art and cultural events. It is a heritage building and part of the architecture of the early industrial history of Berlin at Gleisdreieck, a central and well-known location. The house presents itself today on seven floors with a variety of extraordinary rooms and architectural situations, with a total of over 5000 square meters.
The BBA Artist Prize 2021 exhibition is showing on the 5th floor of the building, which is an independent unit with over 600 m2, a lift entrance and WC facilities. Attic windows add charm and natural light to the space, as well as fabulous sky views of Berlin. The vast space allows for the presentation of about a dozen artists and a variety of media – from installed projections, time-based media through to sculptural works. Brick walls alternate with a classic white cube style – so that paintings, photography and print works each find a perfect spot.
- 1st Prize: Solo show at BBA Gallery in 2022. Cash prize 1000 € Artsy profile
- 2nd Prize: Artsy profile + online solo show. Cash prize 500 €
- 3rd Prize: Artsy profile + online solo show. Cash prize 300 €
Early birds – 21 January 2021 (29 €)
General – 15 March 2021 (39 €)
BBA Gallery launched in 2017. We find and represent artists with unique talent and ideas, a strong vision and a compelling style. Age or education are not the most important criteria for us. We’re more interested in authenticity, perseverance, professionalism and outstanding artworks, no matter the medium.
Köpenicker Str. 96
t: +49 176 21136357