RFP/Q's Beam Projects New Hampshire Open Call
International Deadline: December 11, 2023 – Each year, Beam Center seeks design proposals for ambitious public artworks that will be brought to life through collaborations between youth and creative big thinkers.
Projects are realized by a community of more than 100 young people at each of our project sites: in New Hampshire (NH), on Governors Island (GI), and in a local NYC community. Winning proposals are selected by a committee composed of Beam Center staff, youth, past project designers, and community members.
OPEN CALL 2024-2025: New Hampshire
Beam Center is now accepting proposals for our 2024-2025 Beam Projects cycle! We encourage interested creatives to review the key details below and the full Open Call and to submit their proposals.
Beam Center Disciplines and Facilities
- Wood Shop
- Metal Shop
- Textile-working facilities
- Ceramic studio
- Molding and casting facilities
- Digital Fabrication (CNC routing, Laser-cutting, 3D printing, Vinyl Cutting)
- Electronics and Physical Computing capabilities
Award, Project Budget, and Selected Artist Expectations
- For each selected project artists receive a $5,000 award
- Selected projects have approximately $15,000 fabrication budget
- Selected artists should have a general understanding of the processes, techniques, and materials involved in their proposal
- Selected artists must be available for bi-weekly meetings beginning 6 months before project completion in order to facilitate any necessary development, prototyping, and problem solving
- Selected artists must be able to provide plans according to the project development schedule listed below.
Applicants interested in submitting proposals for more than one site should submit a separate application form for each.
- Please submit each proposal as a SINGLE PDF that includes:
- The title of your proposed project
- A detailed description of the project
- Visuals (sketches, diagrams, renderings, video link, etc.)
- Information about all co-designers included in your proposal, if any: names, emails, experience (resume, CV, portfolio, etc.) and phone numbers of each individual involved (including the applicant)
Applications must be submitted no later than 11:59PM EST on Monday, December 11, 2023.
Beam Center is a Brooklyn-based, not-for-profit organization that focuses on self-directed growth through ambitious, collaborative project-making. Beam Center believes that all young people are capable of spectacular things. We’ve been proving it for 18 years in schools across NYC, at Beam Camp, and at Beam Camp City, where young people realize large-scale projects designed by world-class architects, artists, and engineers.
60 Sackett Street
Brooklyn, NY, 11231
Please contact Beam Center’s project team at firstname.lastname@example.org.