RFP/Q's Beam Projects Open Call
International Deadline: November 7, 2022 – Beam Center seeks design proposals for ambitious public artworks that will be brought to life through collaborations between youth and creative big thinkers.
Projects will be realized by a community of more than 100 young people at each of our three 2023 Beam Project sites: in New Hampshire (NH), on Governors Island (GI), and in a local NYC community.
Artists are invited to submit proposals for any or all of these three sites, but each proposal must be unique to a specific site. Artists proposing for Beam Project NYC are also encouraged to consider potential installation sites and partners, and to include these in their proposal. Winning proposals will be selected by a committee composed of Beam Center staff, youth, past project designers, and community members.
Winning proposals will be selected by a committee composed of Beam Center staff, youth, past project designers, and community members.
Budget and Expectations:
- For each selected project artists receive a $5,000 award
- Selected projects have approximately $15,000 fabrication budget
- Selected artists should have a general understanding of the processes, techniques, and materials involved in their proposal
- Selected artists must be available for bi-weekly meetings beginning 6 months before project completion in order to facilitate any necessary development, prototyping, and problem solving
- Selected artists must be able to provide plans according to the project development schedule
Beam Center is a Brooklyn-based, not-for-profit organization that focuses on self-directed growth through ambitious, collaborative project-making. Beam Center believes that all young people are capable of spectacular things. We’ve been proving it for 18 years in schools across NYC, at Beam Camp, and at Beam Camp City, where young people realize large-scale projects designed by world-class architects, artists, and engineers.
60 Sackett Street
Brooklyn, NY, 11231
Please contact Beam Center’s project team at email@example.com.