Competitions Defining Beauty
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: March 12, 2020 – The California Museum of Art Thousand Oaks (CMATO) is seeking entries for its third annual competitive juried art exhibition. Regional, national and international artists are invited to submit original works in a variety of mediums that reflect the theme, “Defining Beauty.” Defining Beauty is intentionally vague – as conflicting objectives might be collected under its banner. Submissions are open to both established and emerging artists.
On display May 8, 2020 to September 23, 2020.
- Open to artists worldwide
- Artists must be 18 years old or older
- In any stage of their career
- All mediums are accepted, including video and installation
- All entries must represent original works of art.
Featured Artist: $1,000 (USD)
Contributing Artists: $500 (USD)
The goal of the California Museum of Art Thousand Oaks (CMATO) Open Call program is to provide an avenue for artists to reach new audiences through the support of curated museum exhibition.
- Timothy C. Hengst is a Professor in the Multimedia Program and Chair of the Art Department at California Lutheran University.
- Erika Lizée is a Professor of Art and Director of the Moorpark College Art Gallery.
- Luke Matjas is a Professor of Art at California State University Channel Islands.
- Bob Moskowitz is the Chair of Art Department at Ventura College.
$35 (USD) Limit 5 Samples. All fees are non-refundable.
Visit us online for more details and to apply.
- March 12, 2020 Application Deadline
- March 25, 2020 Notification
- May 7, 2020 Opening Reception
- August 23, 2020 Exhibition Concludes
CMATO’s mission is to serve as a place for meaningful engagement with the visual arts. We aspire to create opportunities that connect people to art, ideas and to each other.
CMATO features rotating temporary exhibitions, artist lectures and year-round educational programs that foster discussion, inspire discovery and enrich our community.
We are a museum for all, inviting everyone to connect with art through their own experiences, voices, and personal journeys.
California Museum of Art Thousand Oaks
574 W. Hillcrest Dr.
Thousand Oaks, California 91360