Competitions Royal Photographic Society International Exhibition
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: July 29, 2019 – The Royal Photographic Society is calling for entries to the next edition of the International Photography Exhibition (IPE), a nationwide touring show celebrating the best in photography from around the world.
The International Photography Exhibition (formerly the International Print Exhibition) is steeped in history, having been held almost every year since 1854 – the year after The RPS was founded. It is the world’s longest running photographic exhibition. In the early years, the IPE included work from some of the world’s most eminent photographers, including Julia Margaret Cameron, Roger Fenton, Edward Steichen and others.
From contemporary approaches to traditional processes, the IPE is an open-call allowing all image-makers to submit work.
We encourage submissions from international photographers of all levels. Open to student, amateur, professional and non-professional photographers worldwide, of any age. All subjects and approaches eligible, including alternative photographic processes.
Each year, the exhibition is chosen by a selection panel of respected industry leaders. For the IPE 162 we are delighted to welcome:
- Shannon Ghannam, Global Education Director at Magnum Photos
- Skinder Hundal, CEO/Director of New Art Exchange
- Cian Oba-Smith, Editorial and Commercial Photographer
- Yan Wang Preston, Photographic Artist and lecturer in photography at the University of Huddersfield
- Tom Seymour, Freelance Arts Journalist for publications including The Art Newspaper, Wallpaper, CNN, British Journal of Photography, Creative Review and The Guardian.
BENEFITS & AWARDS
Alongside exhibiting in the touring exhibition opening at RPS House Bristol, £4,000 will be awarded to support future photographic projects.
- Exhibit in a nationwide touring exhibition opening at RPS House, Bristol
- £2,000 award for a photographer over 30 years of age
- £2,000 award for a photographer under 30 years of age
- 5 ‘selectors spotlight’ awards of RPS membership for one year
- Feature in the award winning RPS Journal
- Media coverage
We will be sharing stand-out entries on social media during the call-out.
£30.00 standard; £24.00 RPS members; £18.00 under 30s.
- Submission deadline: 29 July 2019, 23:59 BST
- Notify shortlisted entrants: 28 August
- Print submission window for shortlisted entrants: 28 August – 20 September
- Selection days: 9 – 10 October
- Notify selected entrants: 15 October
The Royal Photographic Society exists to educate members of the public by increasing their knowledge and understanding of Photography and in doing so to promote the highest standards of achievement in Photography in order to encourage public appreciation of Photography.
The Royal Photographic Society
Bristol BS4 3AR