Competitions Small Works: 40th Harper College National Juried Exhibition
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. National Deadline: May 26, 2017 – Small Works is a national juried show of artwork no more than 24” in its largest dimension (including frame). All media are eligible except jewelry, film/video.
Exhibition: August 28 – September 28, 2017
ELIGIBILITY AND MEDIA
- All artists age 18 and over living in the United States are eligible.
- In its largest dimension, artwork must be 24 inches or less, including frame if applicable.
- All media are eligible, excluding jewelry and film/video.
- Weight limitation: 45 pounds
- Work that requires special installation or instructions will NOT be accepted.
- Only work created within the last three years is eligible.
Mark Rospenda, Curator, South Bend Museum of Art, South Bend, IN
Purchase awards may be available for accepted work. Accepted artists may be selected for a solo show at Harper College. A color catalog will be published in conjunction with the exhibition.
One $35 nonrefundable fee entitles each artist to submit up to three entries.
All entries will be judged from digital files. Before entering, prepare the following:
1. Required Artwork Information for each entry:
- Sale Price
- Insurance Value
- Actual and Framed Art Sizes in inches (height” x width” x depth”)
2. Required Digital Image File for each entry, up to three (3) per artist
- File Format: .jpg only, maximum 2 MB file size
- File Name: Artist’s last name_First initial_number of image (Note: Do not place your name into the digital image.)
- Example: Smith_M_1.jpg
Accepted entries will be posted on this web page by July 14, 2017. Individual notification will NOT be sent. Please check this webpage for the jury results.
Presentation: All works must be delivered to Harper ready for hanging/ installation/display. For framed work, use Plexiglas only. Original work not accurately represented by the digital file may be declined at the discretion of the Juror. All work will be insured during the exhibition for the artist’s stated valuation.
Shipping: Work must be shipped or hand-delivered in sturdy, reusable cardboard containers to arrive at Harper College no later than July 25, 2017. DO NOT use loose styrofoam “peanut” packing. Works should not require special handling or instructions.
RETURN OF ACCEPTED WORK
Works will be returned in original containers via UPS as soon as possible after the close of the exhibition. The Exhibition will pay for return shipping, insuring containers per stated valuations.
CATALOG, SALES AND REPRODUCTION
In conjunction with the exhibition, a color catalog will be produced. Each participating artist will receive catalogs by mail after the exhibition closes. Harper College will not retain commission on sales. Consent to reproduction for publicity purposes for this or future Harper national exhibitions is considered granted.
5/26: Entry deadline
7/14: Jury notification posted on website
7/25: Deadline for artwork to be received
8/28 – 9/28 Exhibition at Harper College
For more information about Small Works, contact us by email at: email@example.com
The College’s annual national juried exhibition highlights work selected from entries by artists from across the country. The show features a wide array of media, ranging from photography and prints to painting and sculpture.
1200 West Algonquin Road
Palatine, IL 60067