Competitions 2nd Annual National Exhibition: Non-Objective Abstract Art
International Deadline: February 3, 2020 – The theme of Non-Objective Abstract Art can refer to Non-Objective Art or Non-Representational Art, which does not seek to represent specific objects, people, or other subjects found in the natural world, but instead relies on shape, line, color and form with no particular subject.
Non-Objective Art is a pure abstract style that typically uses geometric motifs on a shallow picture plane. Art that has no illusion of pictorial depth made by linear perspective in the image and is purposely devoid of any references to worldly things or object. Styles include pure abstraction, such as geometric abstraction, neo-plasticism (De Stijl), color field, lyrical abstraction, concrete art, and more but must be unrelated to objective reality.
3 Square Art Gallery is looking for all types of works–painting, sculpture, photography and more–works that show off your ability and creativity to work with the subject of non-objective abstract art. Give viewers and collectors a chance to see your capabilities… The main criteria for selection is creativity and fresh approaches in the artwork and use of the subject matter.
The NOOBAA Juried Exhibition is open to any artist submitting original works of art created within the past 3 years (since January 2017). Entries must be original work, independently created, composed and executed No copies from other artists’ works or paintings from other artists’ photographs or from published material will be allowed. Source material must be original. Artwork that previously exhibited at 3 Square Art Gallery are NOT eligible to submit
David Reif, Distinguished Professor Emeritus of Art at the University of Wyoming.
BENEFITS & AWARDS
- 3SA Gold Award: $300 + Certification
- 3SA Silver Award: $150 + Certification
- 3SA Bronze Award: $75 + Certification
- Honorable Mention Award: Certification
Selected artists for the exhibition receive the following benefits:
- Gallery exhibition
- Posting to 3SA website and social media platforms
- Professional exhibition space and display of artwork
- One of top galleries in Northern Colorado (great addition to resume)
- Accepted artists will be listed on the 3SA website with their work and link to their website
- Press releases on exhibition sent to 3SA media outlets
$38 for 3 images, $5 for additional work (up to 5)
Visit us for more information and easy online entry.
- February 3: Deadline for receipt of entries
- February 11: Notification sent by email to all entrants. (Artists are required to confirm receipt of the email)
- February 18: Artwork Loan Agreement due date
- March 6, 1-5pm: Dates for hand delivered to 3 Square Art Gallery, or by appointment
- March 6: Accepted artwork due to 3 Square Art Gallery by this date. Shipped works must arrive by February 28
- March 13: Opening reception
- April 17: Final Day of Exhibition
- April 18, 1-5pm: Pick-up hand-delivered work
- April 20 – 25: Schedule artwork for shipping (arranged by artist)
3 Square Art’s is a fine art gallery in Northern Colorado. The beautiful space and high ceilings provide the perfect venue for varying sizes of works and installations. The gallery is focused on the “S” component of CSL (Creating, Sharing, Learning) or Sharing and will feature exhibits from national and international artists. 3 Square Art’s ongoing exhibits feature themed topics to push the boundaries and business of art as well as to have fun and connect with others.
3 Square Art
2415 Donella Ct Ste 110
Fort Collins, CO 80524