Competitions 100 Square Inches of Art
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: September 23, 2019 – 100 Square Inches of Art pushes the creative powers of local and national artists to expressive their artistic vision inside of 100 square inches or less… no more. Art can be made into any form or shape as long as the total square inches used is equal to or less than 100 square inches (3D Artists get an extra 10 inches of depth for a total of 1000 cubic inches!). See color, see shape, see forms or figures, portraits or abstracts. All in a small form factor that is perfect for a holiday gift or a special addition to your personal art collection.
Thinking small encourages creative thinking and a sense of detail. How can working on a small scale help bring out your vision? How can a small art piece take on a large presence? How much art can an artist pack into a small space? Will the piece be 1″ wide and 100″ long, 10″ x 10″ or something else?
3 Square Art Gallery is looking for all types of works–painting, sculpture, photography and more–works that show off your ability and creativity to work is a small space. Only 100 square inches will be allowed or less. However, the dimensions are up to you and multiple pieces can be submitted as a single diptych. Give viewers and collectors a chance to purchase a small piece of your artwork… The main criteria for selection is creativity and fresh approaches in the artwork and use of the small scale.
BENEFITS & AWARDS
- 3SA Gold Award: $200 + Certification
- 3SA Silver Award: $100 + Certification
- First Honorable Mention Award: 1 FREE submission to a future 3SA Call for Entry (1 year)
- Second Honorable Mention Award: Certification
Selected artists for the exhibition receive the following benefits:
- Juried Exhibit
- Posting to 3SA website and social media platforms
- Professional exhibition space and display of artwork
- One of top galleries in Northern Colorado (great addition to resume)
- Accepted artists will be listed on the 3SA website with their work and link to their website
- Press releases on exhibition sent to 3SA media outlets
$38 for 3 images, $5 for additional work (up to 5)
Visit us for more information and easy online entry.
- Sept 23: Deadline for receipt of entries
- Oct 1: Notification sent by email to all entrants. (Artists are required to confirm receipt of the email)
- Oct 4: Artwork Loan Agreement due date
- Oct 25, 1-5pm: Dates for hand delivered to 3 Square Art Gallery, or by appointment
- Oct 25: Accepted artwork due to Gallery by this date. Shipped works must be arrived by this date
- Nov 1: Opening reception
- Nov 29: Final Day of Exhibition
- Nov 30, 1-5pm: Pick-up hand-delivered work
- Dec 2 – 7 Schedule artwork for shipping (arranged by artist)
3 Square Art’s is a fine art gallery in Northern Colorado. The beautiful space and high ceilings provide the perfect venue for varying sizes of works and installations. The gallery is focused on the “S” component of CSL (Creating, Sharing, Learning) or Sharing and will feature exhibits from national and international artists. 3 Square Art’s ongoing exhibits feature themed topics to push the boundaries and business of art as well as to have fun and connect with others.
3 Square Art
2415 Donella Ct Ste 110
Fort Collins, CO 80524