Competitions New Horizons: Landscapes 2020
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: March 16, 2020 – Landscapes are one of the long-time subjects for artists taking in the beauty of their surroundings and representing what they see. But how has it changed in recent times? What new connections to our surroundings will be found or lost?
The landscapes around us are dramatically changing as well as our relation to nature. Furthermore, will we see landscapes as mere replications or photographs or can we apply color, light, design and texture to represent the larger essence of what we see or experience.
Just as impressionism, then cubism radically changed our perception of landscape art, what new interpretations are present today? We would like to see large as well as small formats. Broad strokes, fresh outlooks, meaningful dialogs, new expressions, colorful blends or a monochromatic study… What’s on the horizon for new landscape work? What’s your beautiful, passionate, gutsy, lost, longing, threatened, powerful, dynamic responses for the contemporary landscape?
3 Square Art Gallery is looking for all types of works–painting, sculpture, photography and more–works that show off vision for landscape artwork. Small and large formats. Give viewers and collectors a chance to see the beauty of your landscape… The main criteria for selection is creativity and fresh approaches in the artwork.
- The New Horizons: Landscapes, 2nd Annual Juried Exhibition is open to any artist submitting original works of art created within the past 3 years (since 2016)
- The enclosed entry/entries must be original work, independently created, composed and executed
- No copies from other artists’ works or paintings from other artists’ photographs or from published material will be allowed. Source material must be original.
- Artwork that previously exhibited at 3 Square Art Gallery are NOT eligible to submit
Mary Jane Edwards, Executive Director of the Jentel Foundation.
AWARDS & BENEFITS
- 3SA Gold Award: $300 + Certification
- 3SA Silver Award: $150 + Certification
- 3SA Bronze Award: $75 + Certification
- First Honorable Mention Award: 1 FREE submission to a future 3SA Call for Entry (1 year)
- Second Honorable Mention Award: Certification
Selected artists for the exhibition receive the following benefits:
- Posting to 3SA website and social media platforms
- Professional exhibition space and display of artwork
- One of top galleries in Northern Colorado (great addition to resume)
- Accepted artists will be listed on the 3SA website with their work and link to their website
- Press releases on exhibition sent to 3SA media outlets
$39 for 3 images, $5 for additional work (up to 5)
Visit us for more information and easy online entry.
- March 16: Deadline for receipt of entries
- March 24: Notification sent by email to all entrants. (Artists are required to confirm receipt of the email)
- April 15: Artwork Loan Agreement due date
- April 24, 1-5pm: Dates for hand delivered to 3 Square Art Gallery, or by appointment
- April 24: Accepted artwork due to 3 Square Art Gallery by this date. Shipped works must arrive by April 24
- May 1: Opening reception
- June 5: Final Day of Exhibition
- June 6, 1-5pm: Pick-up hand-delivered work
- June 8-13: Schedule artwork for shipping (arranged by artist)
3 Square Art’s is a fine art gallery in Northern Colorado. The beautiful space and high ceilings provide the perfect venue for varying sizes of works and installations. The gallery is focused on the “S” component of CSL (Creating, Sharing, Learning) or Sharing and will feature exhibits from national and international artists. 3 Square Art’s ongoing exhibits feature themed topics to push the boundaries and business of art as well as to have fun and connect with others.
3 Square Art
2415 Donella Ct Ste 110
Fort Collins, CO 80524