Competitions 2019 Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibition
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. Multi-State Deadline: March 1, 2019 – The annual TxN exhibit is back for its 34th year! This five-state competition is highly respected and very competitive. Sponsored by the Irving Art Association and the Irving Arts Center
Open to all artists, 18 and older and legal residents of Texas, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Arkansas and Louisiana.
Supports: canvas, panel, paper, or yupo. Two-dimensional works must classify in one of five categories:
- Oil painting
- Water Media – Watercolor, casein and gouache
- Mixed Media -The use of two or more mediums, collage, calligraphy, hand-pulled prints. Collage must incorporate two-dimensional, self-created elements. No relief or three-dimensional objects, including found objects or magazine clippings.
- Drawing (Dry Media) – includes Pastel, Colored Pencil, Graphite, Ink, Silver, Gold, Conte Crayon, oil pastel, markers, scratchboard, etc.
Submitted works of art must be two-dimensional originals completed within the last two years without instructor supervision.
$8.000 in prizes. Artists may also earn signature status by exhibiting in five shows… see more
Susan Roth Romans and Jordan Roth
Owners, Ro2 Art Gallery in Dallas
Ro2 Art, a contemporary fine art gallery located in The Cedars Neighborhood near Downtown Dallas, represents a diverse group of emerging, mid-career, and established contemporary artists – many with ties to the North Texas Region. The gallery, founded in 2010 by mother-and-son partners Susan Roth Romans and Jordan Roth, regularly collaborates with organizations such as The MAC and Cedars Union and maintains an exhibition program within the Magnolia Theatre at West Village and other satellite venues. Ro2 Art has been named Dallas Observer’s “Best Art Gallery” and was presented with the 25th Annual Obelisk Award for small business by the North Texas Business Council for the Arts. The gallery’s art fair program has included the Dallas Art Fair, Texas Contemporary, and Art Aspen.
Up to three works of two-dimensional art may be entered by an artist for an entry fee of $50 ($40 for IAA members).
Read complete Prospectus and apply online.
All sales from this show will be handled through the Irving Art Association. A donation of 20% commission on all sold paintings is appreciated. The artist is liable for all taxes and commissions on these sales.
- Deadline for entries Friday, March 1, 2019 at midnight
- Notification of acceptance March 25
- Shipped paintings arrive April 8 – 12
- Hand deliveries Saturday, April 13, 10 am – 3 pm
- Juror talk & Reception Saturday, April 13, 7 – 9 pm
- Exhibit dates MAY 18 – JUNE 15, 2019
- Reception & Awards Ceremony Sunday, May 19, 2 pm – 5 pm
- Strike Sunday, June 16, 1 -5 pm
IAA Exhibits Committee 972-721-8063 (voice mail) or by email at info@texasandneighbors. com. Email is preferred.
The Irving Art Association was established in 1956. IAA is one of the oldest cultural organizations in Irving and is conservator of the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, a two-gallery building nestled in a lovely park setting with flowers, trees, shrubbery, and a duck pond.
Irving Art Association
1975 Puritan Dr.
Irving TX 75061