Competitions 2021 Texas & Neighbors Regional Art Exhibition
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. Multi-State Deadline: March 1, 2021 – The annual TxN exhibit is back for its 36th year! This five-state competition is highly respected and very competitive. Sponsored by the Irving Art Association and the Irving Arts Center, it will be on display at the Center May 15 – June 12, 2021.
Open to all artists, 18 and older and legal residents of Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, New Mexico and Oklahoma.
Supports: canvas, panel, paper, or yupo. Two-dimensional works must classify in one of six categories:
- Oil painting
- Water Media – Watercolor, casein and gouache
- Mixed Media -The use of two or more mediums, collage, calligraphy, hand-pulled prints. Collage must incorporate two-dimensional, self-created elements. No relief or three-dimensional objects, including found objects or magazine clippings.
- Drawing (Dry Media) – includes Pastel, Colored Pencil, Graphite, Ink, Silver, Gold, Conte Crayon, oil pastel, markers, scratchboard, etc.
- Photography – Film, Digital, Digitally Manipulated
- Sculpture – Any materials, but must not exceed 18″ in diameter, must not exceed 36″ in height, and must comply with content restrictions
Submitted works of art must be two-dimensional originals completed within the last two years without instructor supervision.
$10,000+ in Prizes
— Best of Show
— IAC Award of Excellence
— 1st, 2nd, 3rd & HM awards in seven categories… see more
Up to three works of two-dimensional art may be entered by an artist for an entry fee of $55 ($45 for IAA members).
Read complete Prospectus and apply online.
All sales from this show are handled between the artist and the buyer. The artist is liable to the Irving Arts Center for a 20% com- mission and for all taxes on these sales.
- Deadline for entries Monday, March 1, 2021 at midnight
- Notification of acceptance March 20 – 21
- Shipped paintings arrive April 5 – 9
- Hand deliveries Saturday, April 10, 10 am – 3 pm
- Juror talk & Reception Saturday, April 19, 7 – 9 pm
- Exhibit dates MAY 15 – JUNE 12, 2020
- Reception & Awards Ceremony Sunday, May 16, 2 pm – 5 pm
- Strike Sunday, June 13, 1 -5 pm
IAA Exhibits Committee 972-721-8063 (voice mail) or by email at info@texasandneighbors. com. Email is preferred.
The Irving Art Association was established in 1956. IAA is one of the oldest cultural organizations in Irving and is conservator of the Jaycee Park Center for the Arts, a two-gallery building nestled in a lovely park setting with flowers, trees, shrubbery, and a duck pond.
Irving Art Association
1975 Puritan Dr.
Irving TX 75061