Compete RE International Original Print Exhibition
International Deadline: September 8, 2021 – The International Original Print Exhibition, established by the Royal Society of Painter-Printmakers (RE), is an international open submission exhibition celebrating the best of contemporary printmaking.
We are incredibly hopeful that this year’s exhibition will be able to take place at Bankside Gallery in November 2021, but in the event that the Coronvirus pandemic forces the gallery to close again, this exhibition will go ahead, as an online only exhibition.
Bankside Gallery is a public art gallery in Bankside, London, England. Opened by Queen Elizabeth II in 1980, Bankside is an educational charity, situated on the Thames Path just along from Tate Modern.
- Artists from any country may enter provided they are willing and able to get their work to and from the designated drop off and collection venues at their own cost
- Artists must be 18 or over on 7 June 2021
- Any forms of original printmaking are eligible. Reproduction prints are not accepted.
- All artwork must have been made in the past 3 years, dating from 7 June 2018
- There are no limitations on style or subject matter
- The work must have been made by the entrant
- All work must be for sale
- Ginger Gibbons (Animator, Producer & Director)
- Deborah Roslund Hon RE (Collector & Trustee of Paintings in Hospitals)
- Sue Timney (Designer)
- Prof David Ferry (RE President)
- Michelle Griffiths (RE Vice President)
Numerous cash awards across multiple categories.
A maximum of 6 works may be submitted, Entry fee per work £15 (£8 students).
Download complete Prospectus.
All prints entered in the competition must be available for sale. Sales and payment will be handled by Bankside Gallery who charge a commission of 45% on picture sales. All works will be sold as seen, so your selling price should take into account the commission, and the framing and transport costs you will have incurred.
- 8 September, 11.59 PM | Entry deadline
- 22 September by 6pm | Results posted on www.re-printmakers.com, successful artists contacted via email
- 29 or 30 October, 11am-5pm | Delivery of successful entries to 23 Blue Anchor Lane, SE16 3UL
- Private View & Prizegiving – to be confirmed nearer the time depending on any Government restrictions in place.
- 3 – 14 November, 11am-6pm daily | Exhibition of successful entries at Bankside Gallery
- 14 November, 6 – 8pm, or 15 November 2021 11am – 6pm from Bankside Gallery | Collection of unsold work
The Royal Society of Painter-Printmakers is one of the world’s premier printmaking organisations. All of the Society’s members are practising professional printmakers, elected after a rigorous selection by a panel of their peers. From our home at Bankside Gallery, next to Tate Modern & on the south banks of the Thames, we hold regular exhibitions showcasing the best in contemporary printmaking.
48 Hopton Street
London SE1 9JH
t: 020 7928 7521