Competitions The Sunny Art Prize
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: June 20, 2017 – This fine art award is a global platform, giving an opportunity to emerging and established artists to showcase their talent to a wide audience. We aim to display artistic and cultural diversity to the international art scenes of London, Beijing, Guangzhou and Macau. Sunny Art Award will promote an exchange in creativity between Western and Eastern cultures.
The competition is open to all artists from around the world. Sculpture, Paintings, drawings, original prints, photography, ceramics and jewellery artworks are accepted. All entries must be of original works that have been completed within three years prior to 10th April 2016.
Sunny Art Centre in collaboration with our partners, the FA Education of Art and Design, The Redtory Art & Design Factory and The Contemporary Chinese Ink Academy, have launched a series of new artist-in-residence programmes. It will provide artists, curators, and academics the opportunity to create work while living in both the FA Eduction of Art and Design residency centre and The Redtory Art & Design Factory (Guangzhou, Beijing or Macau). Our aim is to provide a creative space for artists to nurture their projects within a stimulating community, which will encourage their creativity to flow freely.
EXHIBITIONS & AWARDS
Beside the one-month residency programme, the winners will earn a prize in money as well as the chance to exhibit in a London – based gallery:
- First Prize – The winner will receive £3,000, a public solo exhibition at Sunny Art Centre in London, a one month residency along with a show at our partners galleries.
- Second Prize – The winner will receive £2,000, a group exhibition, a one month residency and a show at our partners galleries.
- Third Prize – The winner will receive £1,000, a group exhibition, a one month residency and a show at our partners galleries.
- 30 Shortlisted Artists’ works will be exhibited during the summer at Sunny Art Centre, London. Out of these 30 shortlisted artists there will be an opportunity for 10 of these artists to exhibit their works at our partners galleries.
The group exhibitions will be held at the Sunny Art Centre in London, as well as our partners’ galleries. This includes the Haidian District Art Centre in Beijing, Chen Centre for Contemporary Art in Beijing, the AIP Art Centre in Guangzhou or the Blanc Art Gallery in Macau.
The exhibitions for the Sunny Art Award happen via a pre-selection process. Digital images of artworks have to be submitted for a first round of judging. A selection is then made by the judging panel of visual arts professional, including art academics, art gallery directors and art critics appointed by the Sunny Art Centre. The entrants who are successful in this round will be invited to deliver their work to Sunny Art Centre for the final round of judging. All entries will be judged on an equal and anonymous basis. See the bio’s of our prestigious jury on our website.
Entry forms and fees must be received by Sunny Art Centre by 23.59pm on 20 June 2017. The entry fee for this competition is £25 for one artwork, £32 for two artworks, £40 for three artworks and £45 for four artworks.
Visit us online for complete details and Application.
All work submitted must be available for sale. Sunny Art Centre will take a commission of 30% plus VAT from the sale price.
- Open for submission: 10th April 2016 – 20th June 2017
- First round of judging (Stage 1): 22nd June 2017 – 28th June 2017, announcement on website: 1st July 2017
- Artworks delivered to a venue in London for final round of judging and the exhibition selection by: 18th July 2017
- Exhibition Selection take place (Stage 2): 20th of July 2017
- Exhibition Selection Announcement on the website: 23rd July 2017
- Final Prizes Announcement in the Exhibition Opening Night in the Sunny Art Centre: 25th July 2017
- Selected Artwork Exhibition in the Sunny Art Centre (London, UK): 1st August 2017 – 31st August 2017
- All exhibiting artists will be invited to the Private View on the evening of 25th July 2017
- First Prize Winner Solo artworks exhibition: 1st September – 7th September 2017Art Residency: start date negotiated with winners. Three winners are expected to select the same city from Beijing or Guangzhou in China for a month
Sunny Art Centre is a leading art institution located in central London, dedicated to sharing knowledge and enthusiasm for fine art practices. Our tutors are highly qualified, practicing art professionals, and our centre has been hosting courses and art events for over a decade. Our art centre also has extensive collaboration experience with large-scale institutions and enterprises including the Royal Academy of Arts, School of History and Cultures – University of Birmingham, Selfridges & Co, Harrods, Giorgio Armani, Freshfields, HSBC Bank, ITV, Viktor&Rolf, PricewaterhouseCoopers ( P W C), SKY TV, BBC Worldwide, amongst many others. We offer corporate art services, lectures, participate in art fairs, as well as organise in-house exhibitions.
30 Gray’s Inn Rd
London, WC1X 8HR