Compete Art for Change Prize
International Deadline: September 8, 2022 – Global creative company, M&C Saatchi Group and London’s iconic Saatchi Gallery have launched a new international art initiative – the annual Art for Change Prize. This year’s prize invites emerging artists from around the world to creatively respond to the theme of ‘Equality’.
Six winners will be decided by some of the best business and creative minds from M&C Saatchi Group globally and eminent guest judges.
The prize is available to emerging artists based in the following M&C Saatchi key global regions: UK, Europe, Americas, Asia, Australia, and Africa. To apply artists must be aged 18 or over and within the first five years of what they hope to be a successful artistic career.
- Accepted media includes painting, drawing, illustration, photography, collage, 2D mixed-media, video or film.
- Submitted works must creatively respond to the theme ‘Equality’ and have been executed since 1 January 2020.
- Works must be stable and capable of being shipped and installed on a walled surface.
- Submitted works must be available between 1 November 2022 and 31 January 2023 for an exhibition in London.
- The artwork(s) must be the participants own work(s) and the participant warrants that they have full title to the artwork(s) and that they have all rights to submit the artwork(s).
A total prize fund of £20,000 will be split between six regional winners, five to receive £2,000 each and one overall winner to receive £10,000. All artists will exhibit their winning works in a dedicated exhibition at Saatchi Gallery in London, where the overall winner will be announced on Wednesday 7 December 2022.
APPLY ONLINE – No Fee
- Deadline for entries: Thursday 8 September 2022, 11:59pm UK BST
- Regional winners announced: Friday 28 October 2022
- Overall winner announced: Wednesday 7 December 2022
- Exhibition dates: Thursday 8 December 2022 – Friday 6 January 2023
M&C Saatchi Group is a creative company that connects specialist expertise, fuelled by data and technology, to help clients Navigate, Create and Lead Meaningful Change.
The Group operates across five core divisions: Connected Creativity; Passion Marketing; Global & Social Issues; Brand, Experience & Innovation; and Performance Medi. Headquartered in London, operations span 23 countries with major hubs in the UK, Europe, Middle East & Africa, Asia and Australia.