Call for Submissions Artspace’ 2020 Exhibition Opportunities
U.S. National Deadline: August 1, 2019 – Artspace invites artists to submit proposals for exhibitions in January through August 2020.
Artspace’s Exhibition Committee will review proposals for the Main, Helena Davis, Frable and smallspace galleries.
Open to U.S. artists. Work exhibited should have been completed within the last 5 years of exhibition date unless the proposal is for a retrospective.
Proposals may be made for individual, group or joint shows. Joint shows are exhibitions for two artists with inter-related works who intend for their works to be shown together in the same gallery. Artists or curators may apply for group shows.
APPLY ONLINE – $30 fee to apply.
Proposals must accurately reflect the nature of the works proposed to be presented in the show.
- Jan 24-Feb 23, 2020: Hang dates 1/21-1/23/20, Opening 1/24/20, Closing Talk/Take Down 2/23/20
- Apr 24-May 17, 2020: Hang dates 4/21-4/23/20, Opening 4/24/20, Closing Talk/Take Down 5/17/20
- May 22-Jun 21, 2020: Hang dates 5/19-5/21/20, Opening 5/22/20, Closing Talk/Take Down 6/21/20
- Jun 26-Jul 19, 2020: Hang dates 6/23-6/25/20, Opening 6/26/20, Closing Talk/Take Down 7/19/20
- Jul 24-Aug 23, 2020: Hang dates 7/21-7/23/20, Opening 7/24/20, Closing Talk/Take Down 8/23/20
artspace is an artist-run gallery and performance space committed to showing innovative work by established and emerging artists. Since 1988, artspace has been an intrinsic part of the visual and performing arts community of Richmond, Virginia.
Located in Plant Zero Arts Center in Richmond’s Manchester district, artspace mounts eleven new exhibitions every year with opening receptions on Fourth Fridays. artspace’s five galleries feature 20 foot ceilings with both track and filtered natural light in a renovated industrial space. The largest gallery accommodates museum-size two- and three-dimensional work, sitespecific installation and video/multimedia. The smallest gallery offers an intimate viewing experience for works in all media. The gallery Shop sells work by artist members and past exhibitors.
Zero E. Fourth St.
Richmond, VA 23224