Compete Derwent Art Prize
International Deadline: January 4, 2022 – The Derwent Art Prize aims to reward excellence by showcasing the very best 2D & 3D artworks created in pencil or coloured pencil as well as water soluble, pastel, graphite and charcoal by British and International artists.
Derwent, the internationally renowned fine art brand, are proud to announce that the sixth instalment of the Derwent Art Prize is now open for entries!
The Derwent Art Prize was conceived in 2012 and aims to reward excellence by showcasing the very best artworks created in pencil by British and International artists.
The exhibition at Gallery@OXO in central London will be from 24 February – 6 March 2022.
This year’s entries will be judged by a distinguished panel of selectors comprising of an artist, a critic and a curator. Our final judge will be announced shortly.
A total prize fund of £12,500 will be awarded. Prizes are as follows:
- First Prize £4,000 plus a year’s supply of Derwent products
- Second Prize £2,000
- Young Artist First Prize (For artists under 25 years) £4,000 *
- Young Artist Second Prize (For artists under 25 years) £2,000
- People’s Choice Award £500
In addition, we are delighted to announce that all the First and Second prize winners will receive a special box of Derwent Lightfast Pencils.
Price and currency will vary depending on country.
- General: The entry fee is £15 for the first work and £5 for each additional work. Artists may only enter once, with a maximum of 6 images.
- Young Artist: Artists under 25 years of age will pay £5 per work.
Artists are invited to submit up to 6 images. The selectors are aware that some work may not lend itself to reproduction and wish to reassure artists that there may be opportunities to view actual works.
Following the selection process, all artists will be notified by 17 January 2022.
- 4 January 2022 (5pm GMT) Deadline for entry
- January 2022 Artists notified of selectors’ decision
- 1 February 2022 Voting for the People’s Choice Award opens
- 1 – 19 February 2022 Delivery by post/courier to Art Moves of Chelsea
- 18 & 19 February 2022 Delivery in person to Art Moves of Chelsea
- 23 February 2022 at 6pm Private View and Announcement of winners
- 24 February – 6 March 2022 Exhibition opens to public at the Gallery@OXO in London
- 6 March 2022, 6pm GMT Voting for the People’s Choice Award closes
- TBC Collection of unsold work from Art Moves of Chelsea
- TBC Announcement of People’s Choice Award winner