Competitions National Computer Art Juried Exhibition
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. National Deadline: October 18, 2020 – Dallas Metro Arts Contemporary announces an open call for the ‘National Computer Art Juried Exhibition’, a show solely dedicated to the printed art image, which uses the computer or digital practices in it’s creation.
Exhibition dates: November 9-28, 2020. Please note: this is a gallery exhibition – not virtual!
- US artists age 18 & up.
- Printed art image which uses the computer or digital practices in it’s creation.
- Original art of the last three years; size limit 48 inches wide and 72 inches tall.
- Work must be of print format, (sorry, the gallery is not presently able to present time-based or video based works, or works solely presented on devices.)
- All art must be suitably presentable, ready for hanging or display–unless by prior agreement with Director. Framed works may have glass or plexiglass. (note: glass is at artist’s risk for shipping damage). Framed works must have suitable hanging wire or D rings. No sawtooth hangers.
- Alternative display methods to traditional frame/glass must be approved by the Director, and are solely at his discretion regarding installation and display duration; artists accept the shipping and display risks associated with art that is not traditionally framed and under glass/plexiglass.
- Acceptance of multiple works, diptychs and triptychs are at the choice of the juror and the descretion of the Director regarding display space.
Dr. Selena Nawrocki, Professor of Art, Valdosta State University.
Juror statement: “Traditional boundaries of applied arts have been shattered, with my axonometric drawings and computer renderings yielding a bas-relief sculptural quality associated with the fine arts media. The effect I am seeking is a mechanized, industrial structure…my principle focus in developing a machine-age quality enhanced with shadows and light.”
Juror’s Choice and Honorable Mentions; Director’s Choice; People’s Choice, totaling $1500 cash awards.
$30 minimum 2 entries, $5 per each additional entry up to a 5 entry maximum.
Visit us for complete details and to apply.
- Deadline for submission: Sunday, Oct 18, 2020
- Notification: Monday, Oct 26, 2020
- Shipping and hand delivery: Oct 26-Nov 8, 2020
- Exhibition Dates: Nov 9-28, 2020 (NOTE: This is a physical exhibition, with a physical closing reception at the DMAC gallery.)
- Closing Reception: Sat Nov 28, 2020, 6:00-7:30 pm (NOTE: artists attending the reception may pick up art at the end of the reception)
Anything of question should be cleared by the Studio/Gallery Director, by contacting Jerry Smith, 214-938-3362 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dallas Metro Arts Contemporary provides 2600 square feet of studio and exhibition space in the Historic Downtown Plano Arts District, designated in 2016 by the National Trust for Historic Preservation.
Dallas Metro Arts Contemporary
1412 14th St
Plano, TX 75074