Competitions 2021 On the Edge Exhibition
International Deadline: May 15, 2021 – Open to all artists worldwide, this exhibition is for artists working and thinking a little differently. Submitting artists are encouraged to challenge themselves in their practice, challenge their audience or push the limits of your media for the chance to exhibit on a global stage and win prize awards.
Exhibition Dates: July 12 – August 1, 2021.
- Permissible 2d Media – Acrylic, graphite, ink, mixed media, oil, pastel, pen, pencil, water media and hand pulled prints in runs of up to 200.
- Excluded 2d Media – Photography, digital photography, digital prints, digital art, posters, pyrography, giclée, mechanical reproductions, and works that rely heavily on mechanical reproductions are not permitted.
Jean Pederson, SFCA
Cameron Robers, SFCA
Gale More O’Ferrall, AFCA
- Grand First Place Prize (1st) / 2D Artists Only – $2,000 CA
- 2nd Place OPUS Art Supplies Awards – $1,000 OPUS Gift Card
- 3rd Place OPUS Art Supplies Awards – $1,000 OPUS Gift Card
- Best Sculpture in Exhibition – $1,000 OPUS Gift Card
- 3 x Honourable Mention Awards – Awards in Title
Fees are non-refundable and accepted in Canadian dollars only:
- Federation Members: $25.00 for your submission and first submitted image. Further submitted images are $25 per image.
- Non-Members: $30.00 for your submission and first submitted image. Further submitted images are $30 per image.
Artists can submit up to five images. If successful at jury, a minimum of one image per artist will be displayed for the duration of the exhibition.
Download Prospectus and Apply Online.
If a sale is made artists will be informed by phone or email. Artwork must be available for sale throughout the entire period of the exhibition. By submitting artwork the artist agrees to allow the Federation to negotiate a sale on their behalf including up to 10% off of the artist’s submitted sale price.
The Federation of Canadian Artists (FCA) was founded in 1941 and operates as a registered not for profit society with members throughout the world. The FCA is dedicated to raising artistic standards by stimulating participants to greater heights of knowledge and achievement by offering what is believed to be the first completely artists sponsored gallery in Canada. The Federation Gallery features bi-monthly juried exhibitions of works by emerging and Signature members as well as two juried international shows held annually. An extensive education program which is open to non-members as well as members, offering workshops, classes, critiques and lectures in the fine arts media, with instruction by successful established artists who can help all artists to explore and develop their artistic interest and talent. Membership in the FCA is open to all who appreciate art.
1241 Cartwright Street
Vancouver, BC, V6H 4B7