Festivals Tarfest 2020: Transition
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
U.S. Regional Deadline: July 31, 2020 – As significant transitions are evolving on multiple fronts, we are examining and redefining our relationships with one another as well as the physical space we occupy.
Recognizing this historic time, the artists of Tarfest 2020’s “Transition” open call juried exhibition respond to core concepts of change with their work. This exhibition brings together artists from across So California whose practices engage with change through process, concept, culture, chance, and more.
LAUNCH presents “Transition” in conjunction with Tarfest- our free multidisciplinary arts festival now in its 18th year. For 2020 and in response to Covid-19, Tarfest moves from Tar Pits Park to multiple venues over multiple days- allowing for safe gatherings with appropriate social distancing.
Exhibition Aug 22- Sept 5, 2020.
Open to all Southern California artists (San Louis Obispo/Kern/San Bernardino to San Diego/Imperial counties) Artists must be age 18 and older. All fine arts visual media will be considered. Artwork shown in prior juried exhibitions at LAUNCH LA is not eligible.
- 2D work must be no larger than 60″ x 60″. 2D work must be wired.(no sawtooth hangers). Alternative display methods may be used only with the approval of LAUNCH LA, and the artist must supply any special hardware.
- 3D work must be no larger than 60″H x 36″ x36″ and weigh less than 50 lbs.
We reserve the right to refuse works not accurately represented by the digital images submitted.
Holly Jerger, Exhibitions Curator Craft Contemporary
ENTRY & PAYMENT INFO
Each artist may submit up to 3 images for a non-refundable fee of $19. Up to 5 additional images can be submitted for $5 each..
Sales are encouraged. LAUNCH LA will retain a 40% commission on any works sold. Artists should include the commission in their sales prices. Sales tax will be administered by LAUNCH LA.
All plans are subject to change according to prevailing conditions.
- Entry Deadline: Friday, July 31, 2020
- Entries must be completed by 11:59 PM
- Accepted artists will be notified by 5 PM, August 10. Artists will be notified by email and listed on www.launchla.org .
- Drop off-hand-deliver only: Sunday Aug 16 or Monday Aug 17, 2020, Times to be announced
- Opening reception Sat Aug 22 and Sun Aug 23 Viewing hours to be announced
- Pick up work: after closing Sat Aug 5, Sun Aug 6, or Monday Aug 7 – Times to be announced
LAUNCH LA believes exposure to the arts enhances quality of life and strengthens community through the shared appreciation of creative expression in all its forms and hybrids. LAUNCH LA is passionate about providing artists with quality opportunities to present themselves and their creations that reflect our times to a curious and enthusiastic audience at important happenings throughout Los Angeles.
170 S. La Brea Ave., Upstairs
Los Angeles, CA 90036