Grants Lucie Foundation’ Emerging Artist Scholarships
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: July 30, 2018 – Photographers make images. Visionaries teach you how to see. The Lucie Foundation is proud to support emerging talent with vision and dynamic ideas that challenge and progress the art form of still photography into work that compels. Our support of photography is broad, from Fine Art to Documentary and Photojournalism, to digital and film-based works. Our concern is to support emerging photographers producing work that is at once gripping, and original.
The Lucie Foundation is proud to offer three cash grants to support the work of emerging photographers – one $2,500 scholarship with an open theme and two $1000 scholarships for photographers working in the fields of Fine Art or Documentary/Photojournalism.
The LF Emerging Scholarships are open to emerging photographers worldwide. We define “emerging” as anyone who is in the first 5 years of their photography career or does not earn the majority of their income from photography.
Amateur Fee $10.00
Student Fee $10.00
Please read the following information carefully to make sure your application material is complete. Incomplete applications will not be considered:
1. Project Proposal. This proposal should include the following:
- Project Start and End Dates
- 250 Word Description of your project
- Your Plan for completing the project (i.e. how you intend to approach the project and how you intend to use the scholarship money)
- Five Goals that you plan to accomplish while working on the project (e.g. producing 20 new images, making 5 prints, etc.).
2. A one-page biography and/or CV
3. Twenty digital images.
Submit the above here.
The Lucie Foundation is a 501(c) 3 non-profit, charitable foundation whose mission is to honor master photographers, discover and cultivate emerging talent and promote the appreciation of photography worldwide.
550 N. Larchmont Blvd., Suite 100
Los Angeles, CA 90004
t: +1 310.601.4385