Residency The Nicholson Project’ Paid Artist Residency
International Deadline: April 15, 2021 – The Nicholson Project’s Artist Residency Program explores the positive roles that art and design can play in strengthening the community. Our Residency Program provides the time, space and support needed for artists to work on their studio practice and produce onsite activations.
We welcome residents from all creative practices. Residents are paid a stipend and stay for free at 2310 Nicholson St. Residencies are for 3 months.
- $2,000 monthly stipend
- Time and space to create
- Private access to the Residency Suite that includes an artist studio and apartment with a fully furnished bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom
- Curatorial support/consultation with our Managing Director and Curator
- Introductions to and consultations with arts experts and other experts you would like to meet for research related to your practice
- Up to $3,000 for materials, supplies, and fees for an onsite exhibition or community program activation
- Promotional support (press releases for residency, social media promotion, and other support)
- Professional documentation of your work at The Nicholson Project and artist portraits/headshots
We welcome emerging, mid-career and established visual artists & designers, but also makers, chefs, gardeners, architects, engineers, and scientists too! Just let us know what you’re into and why Nicholson is a fit. Local and national creatives are encouraged to apply. Although our residencies are open to all artists, our focus is on BIPOC artists and those who live or have ties to Southeast Washington, DC.
APPLY ONLINE – $20 Application
You will be notified by June 1, 2021.
The Nicholson Project
2310 Nicholson St SE
Washington, DC 20020