Residency The Nicholson Project Funded Artist Residency
U.S. National Deadline: May 22, 2022 – The Nicholson Project’s Artist Residency Program explores the positive roles that art and design can play in strengthening the community. Our Residency Program provides the time, space and support needed for artists to work on their studio practice and produce onsite activations.
We welcome residents from all creative practices. Residents are paid a stipend and stay for free at 2310 Nicholson St. Residencies and are 10 weeks long.
- 10-week Artist Residency at The Nicholson Project (2310 Nicholson St. SE)
- $5,000 artist stipend
- Time and space to create
- Private access to the Residency Suite that includes an artist studio and apartment with a fully furnished bedroom, kitchen, and bathroom
- One-on-one support from our Managing Director and our Programs Manager
- Studio visits and consultation with a guest curator throughout your residency
- Introductions to other artists, curators, and others you would like to meet for research related to your practice
- Promotional support (press releases for residency, social media promotion, etc)
- Professional documentation of your work and headshots
- Up to $2,000 and staff support to develop and implement a Residency Project. Residency Projects are optional and you must apply for this funding after you are accepted into the Residency Program.
We welcome emerging, mid-career and established visual artists & designers, but also makers, chefs, gardeners, architects, engineers, and scientists too! Just let us know what you’re into and why Nicholson is a fit. Local and national creatives are encouraged to apply. Although our residencies are open to all artists, our focus is on BIPOC artists and those who live or have ties to Southeast Washington, DC.
APPLY ONLINE – $15 Application
You will be notified by August 5, 2022.
The Nicholson Project
2310 Nicholson St SE
Washington, DC 20020