Compete RI Painters in Water Colours 209th Exhibition 2021
International Deadline: March 5, 2021 – The Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours seeks the best in contemporary watercolour and watermedia painting.
- Any artist over 18 may submit.
- Acceptable media: Watercolour or water-soluble mediums, including watercolour, acrylic, ink or gouache (with the exception of water-soluble oils) painted on paper or paper based support.
- Paintings must be well presented, glazed and suitably framed (no metal or clip frames are permitted).
- Works should not be larger than 2.4m high and 1.5m wide including the frame. The Council have the right to withdraw paintings that are over this limit.
There are many prizes and awards available to win, including:
- The Winsor & Newton Award: £3000 cash, awarded to an individual member or non-member
- The Winsor & Newton Product Prize: £1000 RRP of Winsor & Newton art materials of choice, awarded to an individual member or non-member
- The Leathersellers’ Prize: £1,000 awarded by The Worshipful Company of Leathersellers to an artist between 18 and 30 years old
- The President’s Choice Award: An award of £750 for the most deserving work in the exhibition, donated by a member of the Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours (RI) and judged by the President of the RI, Rosa Sepple
- The Cass Art Prize: A prize of £200 of art supplies from Cass Art, awarded to a work demonstrating the most innovative use of colour
- The Matt Bruce RI Memorial Award: An award of £500 for what is considered the most outstanding use of light and colour in a watercolour
Submission fee: £18 per work payable at the time of submitting (£12 per work for artists aged 35 or under), which includes free admission to the exhibition
Maximum of six works submitted.
Maximum of four works selected.
Visit us online for more details and to Apply.
All works must be for sale. Minimum price: £350.
Artists who are not resident in the UK but are resident in the EU are welcome to submit work. If your work is sold at the exhibition you have a responsibility to register and account for UK VAT with H.M. Revenue & Customs. Artists submitting work from outside the UK and EU must be registered BEFORE they submit online.
Royal Institute of Painters in Water Colours
17 Carlton House Terrace
t: +44 (0)20 7930 6844