Grants Engagement Program for International Curators
International Deadline: February 9, 2022 – AAMC Foundation announces two iterations of the engagement program for international curators. Both editions will form pairings that work together throughout the program as well as with their iteration’s cohort for virtual and in-person components. EPIC U.S. Art and U.K. and U.S. Curator editions both include full funding to participate, with a free and accessible online application process. Applications are encouraged and desired from those that are representative of diversity by self-identifiers, including race, ethnicity, and gender.
U.K. and U.S.: Partnering curators from the U.S. and U.K.
AAMC Foundation’s Engagement Program for International Curators (EPIC), supported by the Art Fund and Terra Foundation for American Art offers curators around the globe a rare and valuable platform for cross-cultural networking and exchange. Both iterations of EPIC are accepting applications until Monday, January 24, 2022 at 10:00am ET (U.S.)
EPIC U.S. Art Edition
The 2022 EPIC U.S. Art program will award two International Awardees and two U.S. Liaisons exploring art of the United States, including Native American and Indigenous art, whether historical art or contemporary art that manifests a critical and reflective engagement with U.S., Native American, and/or Indigenous histories, art, and art histories.
EPIC U.K. and U.S. Curator Edition
The 2022 EPIC U.K. Curators program will award two U.K. Awardees and two U.S. Liaisons to amplify voices from from across the U.K. including England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales within the AAMC Foundation and wider museum sector and deepen international relationships through creating opportunities for genuine exchange and learning.
- All participants receive a stipend for their engagement, professional development, and partnership with their counterparts.
- International Awardees, U.K. Awardees, and U.S. Liaisons receive two-years of full AAMC Foundation Community Access, including professional development activities and website access, which includes professional resources, a webinar archive, and a member directory of 1,500 curators.
- All participants receive two-years of AAMC membership.
- U.K. Awardees receive two-years of Art Fund membership.
- Pairings meet at least three times virtually before December 1, 2022.
- Pairings will have TWO in-person visits during the program. One in-person visit by the International Awardee or U.K. Awardee at the U.S. Liaison’s institution, and another in-person visit by the U.S. Liaison to the International Awardee or U.K Awardee’s institution before December 1, 2022. These trips are not expected to last more than 5 business days, funding is provided for these trips and accommodations, along with a per-diem.
APPLY ONLINE – No Application Fee
All participants receive complimentary registration, travel and accommodation to attend the 2022 Art Curators Conference and Alumni Reception held in NYC April 30 – May 3, 2022.
Program criteria and parameters are available on the application portal. Apply today to be a part of this unique and respected program.
Founded in 2001, the Association of Art Museum Curators (AAMC) Foundation celebrates the curatorial narrative by supporting and promoting the work of art curators at all stages in their career through opportunities for networking, leadership advancement, and professional development.. In the ever-changing, non-profit visual art world, the AAMC Foundation is the voice for all curators—regardless of field, experience level, and institutional type. It ensures that the curatorial perspective on art, museums, and educational issues is actively communicated.
The Association of Art Museum Curators
205 Lexington Avenue, Suite 901
New York, NY 10016