Festivals 17th Annual Indian Wells Arts Festival
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: October 22, 2018 – The Coachella Valley is set to bloom in a colorful efflorescence of fine art at the 17th annual Indian Wells Arts Festival, March 29, 30 and 31, 2019.
Ranked as a Top 50 Fine Art Show in the country, the festival has selected 200 artists by jury from more than 25 countries 20 states across the nation. Renowned for its international palette, more than a quarter of its artists hail with accolades from 60 of some of the most prestigious art institutions including the Smithsonian, the Los Angeles and San Diego County museums of Art and Natural History, the U.S. Department of Interior Art Museum, and Japan’s Kyoto Museum.
The festival delivers a diverse showcase of art in 31 mediums and categories ranging from painting, sculpture, jewelry, wearable-art fashion, photography and ceramics, making the event a prime source of acquisition for serious buyers and collectors. Upwards of 10,000 festival-goers are expected descend on the 3-day event held at the luxurious Indian Wells Tennis Garden in Indian Wells, CA, some from as far abroad as Germany and Canada, and others as day-trippers and weekend-trekkers from San Diego and Los Angeles.
Amid the thousands of one-of-a-kind works of art, the festival incorporates a Gourmet MarketPlace featuring original production artisan fare such as organic bath and body confections to epicurean oils and vinegars; artist demonstrations include large-scale stone sculpting and painting; live music and entertainment; and, engaging art activities including pottery-throwing and a kid’s palette-knife painting class.
A Saturday and Easter Sunday “Eggs + Champagne in the Garden” brunch menu till noon under the shaded pavilion culminates the various foodies’ delights available throughout, along with the ever-popular Oasis Bar and Champagne Circle bars serving savory spirits.
The Indian Wells Arts Festival is a colorful, diverse ecosystem of art with more than 200 artists traveling from across the Nation and from as far as Japan, Africa, Central and South America, the United Kingdom, Europe and beyond each year to showcase their contemporary and traditional fine art and high quality craft. Art enthusiasts stroll the concourse of its world-famous venue, the Indian Wells Tennis Gardens, amid live entertainment with jazz melodies floating on the air, perfect cocktails and foodies delights being served, and hands-on artist demonstrations including painting and sculpting. The 17th annual Indian Wells Arts Festival, an International Palette, opens March 29, 30 & 31, 2019, from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Adults, $13; Children, FREE. Free parking and valet available.
Visit www.IndianWellsArtsFestival.com for more information or call 760-346-0042.
CALL FOR ARTISTS
A total of 200 artists are selected to participate by jury, with the 2018 Indian Wells Arts Festival’s Primary Jury deadline set for October 22, 2018, and 60 places held for the Secondary Jury deadline of January 7, 2019.
Open to all media artists, 15 mediums and categories are judged for awards in painting, drawing, 2D and 3D mixed-media, printmaking, photography, and other 2-dimensional, as well as sculpture, jewelry, hand-woven textile or fiber, non-functional, utilitarian, wearable-art, and found art.
Privately gated venue with 24-hour security and unparalleled state-of-the-art facilities which include on-call booth sitters; free Wi-Fi internet access; and luxury on-site restrooms
Artists are required to be in attendance daily.
Reported sales of $750,000 in 2018 are fostered by the Festival’s established reputation for fine and high-quality art
Ranked consistently as one of the 100 Best Fine Art Shows in the country by Sunshine Artist magazine
What to expect in 2019:
- On-going artist promotion opportunities through artist spotlights across all IWAF social media and in video podcasts; and IWAF blog features, all at no additional cost to the artists
- Strong public relations and media coverage; local and select major-market editorials and press releases
- Easy artist Check-in and Express Check-out
- Real-time show updates and communications via text message
- Complimentary artist hospitality with fresh snacks and beverages
- Live jazz and entertainment ambiance designed to indulge and motivate buyers
- Guests are greeted as VIPs with free and valet parking available, event programs, and free ‘be-back’ passes
- Interactive activities and artist demonstrations
- Children’s activities along with special exhibits
- Gourmet specialties at the Gourmet MarketPlace lining the festival entryway
- Local charities incorporated as Festival Partners, with donations towards their art scholarship funds
- Saturday & Sunday “Eggs + Champagne in the Garden” brunch menu till noon
- Champagne Circle Bar and RumChata Bar service, and full-menu restaurants in the shaded courtyard pavilion
APPLY ONLINE – $35 Application Fee
Visit website for complete details and online Application.