Competitions The Sunny Art Prize 2019
NOTE: This opp listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
International Deadline: June 30, 2019 – The Sunny Art Prize is the first program outside of museological institutions that envisions the decentralisation of the art world as a way to broaden the horizons of both artists and the communities they engage with. The Prize is organised annually by the Sunny Art Centre in London, and offers a selection of thirty artists the opportunity to take part in international activities, including exhibitions and a residency.
One of the most inclusive and diverse open submission prizes in London, the Sunny Art Prize offers unique exposure for both emerging and established artists to an audience spanning two continents. Created around the Sunny Art Centre’s unparalleled links between London, Beijing, Guangzhou and Macau, the prize winners will not only enjoy a month-long residency in China, but also the opportunity to exhibit both in our central London gallery and in prestigious galleries in China. A £6,000 total cash prize will be split between the first three winning artists.
The competition is open to all artists from around the world, 18 years or older. Submissions may include sculpture, painting, drawing, original print, photography, ceramic, mixed media, installation, video art and/or moving image, digital art (including physical work which is computer generated, e.g. digital prints).
- Be part of not only one show, but multiple exhibitions from London to China.
- Develop your work through cultural exchange during an international residency in Asia
- Showcase your work on our online gallery
- Win cash awards to assist in supporting your career
- Engage with audiences worldwide
- Become a part of contemporary art history through inclusion in the Prize’s catalogue
EXHIBITIONS & AWARDS
Beside multiple one-month residency programme, the winners will earn a prize in money as well as the chance to exhibit in London, Beijing, Shanghai, Guangzhou:
- First Prize: The winner will receive £3,000. A public solo exhibition in London; A group exhibition in London; A one-month residency in China (either in Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou); A group show in China (either in Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou)
- Second Prize: The winner will receive £2,000. A group exhibition in London; A one-month residency in China, (either in Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou); A group show in China (either in Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou)
- Third Prize: The winner will receive £1,000. A group exhibition in London; A one-month residency in China, (either in Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou); A group show in China (either in Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou)
The prize winners will be joined by 27 shortlisted artists in a group exhibition at the Sunny Art Centre, London. From these 27, 7 artists will be selected to exhibit their works at one of our partners’ galleries in China along with the 3 Prize winners.
The entry fee for this competition is £25 for one artwork, £32 for two artworks, £40 for three artworks and £45 for four artworks.
Visit us online for complete details and Application.
All work submitted must be available for sale. Sunny Art Centre will take a commission of 30% plus VAT from the sale price.
Sunny Art Centre is a leading art institution located in central London, dedicated to sharing knowledge and enthusiasm for fine art practices.
Our contemporary art gallery is one of London’s leading prestigious art spaces with two floors of stunning exhibition space, as well as large display windows. Prestigious fine art collectors and professional artists in particular have contributed to our collection.
Sunny Art Gallery strives to represent the most unique and innovative artists who aim to push the boundaries of visual art. Our curatorial philosophy is to celebrate cultural diversity by bringing together artists from all over the world. We represent both emerging and established artists working with a wide range of media, including painting, sculpture, ceramics, jewellery, and mixed media. The art gallery frequently hosts free group and solo art exhibitions several times a year, as well as forums and lectures which allow artists and art students to share knowledge and network amongst peers.
Sunny Art Centre
30 Gray’s Inn Rd
London, WC1X 8HR